FOR YOU, LOVELY, AND FOR ALL: HERE IS A PSA :D
People were complaining about my last post saying that if you don’t have the Nielsen box, the fact that you watch Almost Human on your television really doesn’t matter. Which, to be fair, is true. But. Here’s the point. Almost Human has a boatload of potential, and if we get enough discussion going, just like we are here on Tumblr in places like Twitter and Facebook, I really think we can make an impact.
Things that need to be considered:
- RATINGS. Ratings, ratings, ratings. Two Mondays ago, Almost Human dropped to 1.7 mil viewers, which is considered cancellation territory (the premiere episode had 9.8 million viewers!). But this week it moved back up to 1.8, which is a good thing!!!!!!!!!! Every little step forward is good. But essentially, if it drops to 1.7 or lower again, it is bound not to return next season. At the present juncture, it is now predicted there is a “toss-up” as to whether or not the show will continue or not.
- Budget. Almost Human is a futuristic sci-fi series. The budget is bound to be considerably larger than the average crime drama/procedural; thus, it will be harder to keep it on the air without the backing of viewers who want it to keep going.
- Online viewership. FOX does look at how many people watch their shows next-day on their website.
So here’s what I propose.
- Be that annoying person who votes about a billion times on this TV.com poll, and tells their friends to do the same. If we can’t get Almost Human the Nielsen ratings it needs, we can give it the attention it deserves through other mediums!
- I know everyone loves their Putlocker and other streaming sources—I sure do. But, if it’s accessible to you, please try to catch up on your Almost Human on FOX’s official website; this contributes to viewership count!
- Tell your friends about this show! Tell your family! Post on Facebook, on Twitter, tell EVERYONE. Firefly was cancelled and because the Browncoats got together and spoke up, a movie was made and the show has become one of the most iconic sci-fi series ever.
Why should you care?
- The show is just starting. It’s a baby just learning to walk. Give it time and it can blossom. It’s far from perfect (…it’s a cop procedural on FOX, for goodness’ sake), but it’s creative and fun and different.
- FOX is doing what it did to Firefly and airing the episodes out of order, as I mentioned in my last post. With a procedural it shouldn’t matter that much but Almost Human unlike other procedurals relies on the character dynamics heavily. This is unfair and dumb and is hurting the show which means we should fight all the harder.
- Personally, I think this is Karl Urban and Michael Ealy and the entire cast's time to shine. Everyone is doing a great job with the material they've been given so far and I, for one, want to see more. It'll help get our favorite actors off the ground. <3
I’m kind of sick of Karl Urban being thrown into the background of various shots in Star Trek movies when he’s supposed to be playing an iconic role. But that’s a separate issue.